Sunday, December 7, 2008

Candy x Fog PUPPIES

Here is a photo of the entire litter when they were just hours old.
There are seven total. 6 boys and only ONE girl!!
This boy was born second, and came as quite a surprise!! Fog's father was never bred to anything that could produce red (Mac only sired one litter) yet Fog's grandmother was red factored so we knew there was a 'chance' he could be red factored. BUT I certainly didn't think I would get lucky enough that he would produce reds.
My very first personally owned BC was a dark (darker than a choc. lab) red... so they hold a special place in my heart. Candy sure helped to produce this deep rich red boy.
This milk chocolate boy came from both sides of the pedigree. He has very little white (which is similar to Mom Candy & Dad Fog). Grandma Cloud has very little minimal white too.
This is the other dark black boy with very little white.
AND the ONE AND ONLY GIRL!!! She is similar in size to her male siblings... if it was not for her thinner white collar I would not spot her in the 'pile'.
These photos were snapped while Candy was out for a quick potty and she was banging on the door to come back in, so I did not get individual photos of everyone. I will try to get the balence of the pups in the next day or two.

Candy is being a WONDERFUL mom (just like her mother Penny was)... so that is a great relief to me since she has a good sized litter. They are all nursing well and she is very careful not to sit or lay on anyone.

The lack of 'merle' pups does make me question if Fog is truly a merle as I originally thought. He does have the darker patches on one side but it seems quite odd that he didn't produce a single merle pup in the litter.

I am now going to look into having him DNA tested for color. But one thing I do now know, is that he has the potential to produce a lilac pup. A dog must carry the red gene and the dilute gene to produce a lilac ... and he has both (his mother is a dilute herself)! All very exciting for me as that is another color I have considered very unique and pretty. Knowing that Fog comes from such a wonderful strong working line, shows great promise on stock himself and now carries the color genes I like ... well, this is just a great blessing to me!!!

Needless to say, I am very excited to see this litter mature!!

No comments: